"How to invest in Structured Products: A Guide to Investors an Asset Managers": The Book polish version
Never before has there been a greater need to understand fully the investments and allocation choices you are making.
How to Invest in Structured Products: A Guide for Investors and Asset Managers is the book for understanding structured products without efforts. The book begins by introducing structured products by way of a basic guide before moving on to the key asset classes and their peculiarities. Readers will then move on to the more advanced subjects such as structured products construction. The central chapter of the first part describes the product's behavior during their lifetime, a key topic widely neglected until now. Such a comprehensive and encompassing description and analysis is not found in any other publication. Across the book, explanations and advice about how to avoid important pitfalls in products across all asset classes are provided, pitfalls that have led to huge losses over recent years.
What makes this book unique?
- No math
- Structured products on all asset classes (equity, foreign exchange, commodities and fixed income)
- Behaviour of the products during their lifetime
- Timeless and practical advice for the reader (“do’s and don’ts”)
- How to implement products in a portfolio context: original approach
Short description of the book's two parts:
- Product building blocks, behavior during their lifetime and special features like quanto, autocall etc;
- Numerous examples showing positive or negative influence factors on products (e.g. changes in interest rates or volatility);
- A comprehensive list of factors an investor needs to take into consideration before investing. This makes it a great help to any buyer of structured products;
- Unbiased advice on product investments across several asset classes: equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities;
- Guidance on how to implement structured products in a portfolio context;
- A comprehensive questionnaire that will help investors to define their own investment preferences, allowing for a greater precision when facing investment decisions;
- An original approach determining the typical distribution of returns for major product types, essential for product classification and optimal portfolio implementation purposes;
- Written in a fresh, clear and understandable style, with many figures illustrating the products ;
This book will enable you to better comprehend the use of structured products in everyday banking, quickly analyzing a product, assessing which of your clients it suits, and recognizing if it has major pitfalls (not all products are good products). You will be able to see the added value versus the cost of a product and if the payoff is compatible with your market expectations.